Re: forced to use ISP's MTA

Subject: Re: forced to use ISP's MTA
From: David J. Weller-Fahy (dave-lists-aklug@weller-fahy.com)
Date: Tue Jun 17 2003 - 16:55:55 AKDT

* Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net> [2003-06-17 12:32]:
> I think I'm paying about $10.99 a month. I'm not sure I would recommend
> them. My connection time is 15 too 30 minutes. I have ppp configured to
> reconnect me if I get disconnected.
>
> Connection times are better at night.
>
> This works for me but I would like to stay connected from more then 30
> minutes.

Depending on who you use for long distance service, I'd check out GCI.
They have a deal where if you use their LD service, you get dial-up
internet access with one email account (and news servers which are
actually SuperNews servers, but they don't advertise that).

Don't know how much you need, but that might do it for just connecting.
Never had a problem with them blocking port 25, either.

ACS may have a similar deal, not sure though.

Regards,

--
David J. Weller-Fahy        | 'These are the questions that kept me out
largely at innocent dot com |  of the really *good* schools.'