Re: 25 pin serial and USB

Subject: Re: 25 pin serial and USB
From: Jim Gribbin (jgribbin@alaska.net)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 01:48:24 AKDT

If you're talking about connecting a serial device to the USB port on
your computer, Belkin and a couple others make that. Check out some of
the USB hubs and the Linux-USB project. You may need to include a 25 to
9 pin adapter also. I have read that some of these work with Linux, but
haven't tried one myself.

http://www.linux-usb.org/

If you're talking about connecting a USB device to a serial port on your
computer, I haven't seen one of these.

Jim Gribbin

On Fri, 2003-06-13 at 00:42, Barsalou wrote:
> Is there a way to turn a 25 pin serial connector into a USB connector?
> I have a device I want to connect to but it only takes the 25=pin style
> serial connector...is there a way to have a cable that goes from USB to
> this 25-pin cable and still work as say COM1?
>
> Mike

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --
-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part