Re: Automate a command

Subject: Re: Automate a command
From: shortpier (shortpier@shortpier.is-a-geek.com)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 13:19:02 AKDT

On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 16:23, Greg Madden wrote:
> The following command + options creates a Debian mirror. I run it
> manually when I want to update my mirror. What I would like to do is
> make it so it runs automatically a couple of times a week. I don't know
> aything about scripts or cron jobs so a sequence of events and the
> terminology involved would help point me to research the correct docs.
>
> # 'debmirror -a i386,powerpc -h ftp-mirror.internap.com -r /pub/debian
> --ignore=non-US/ -d woody -d testing -d unstable /mnt/pub/mirror/debian
> -p --getcontents'
>
> This is all one line separated by blank spaces.
>
> TIA
>
> Greg Madden
> Precision Air Balance, Inc.
> Phone: 907-276-0461
> email: pabi@gci.net

Put this in a shell script and give it it permission (IE chmod a+x)
in a redhat / mandrake system you have a /etc/cron.*
copy said shell script to the one you want....
other option is linuxconf --->control panel---> sceduled superuser
tasks.

Hope this helps
Shortpier

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar -- -- File: signature.asc -- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part