Re: Samba

Subject: Re: Samba
From: furbs (furbs@swjedi.net)
Date: Thu Jan 07 1999 - 00:16:48 AKST

     From some quick searching I found a document that states "Sometimes it is
neessary to disable locking control settings BOTH on the Samba server as well
as on each MS Windows client." You may want to try doing that, i believe
it's "kernel oplocks = no" for smb.conf but I don't know how to do it in
windows. It will be in the registry somewhere I read, and it could possibly be
reached through MMC.

     Brian ThunderEagle
      - http://www.swjedi.net
      - furbs@swjedi.net