Friday Linux --- we're back on THIS WEEK (new home)

Subject: Friday Linux --- we're back on THIS WEEK (new home)
From: Stanley Long (slong@customcpu.com)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2003 - 17:00:27 AKDT

Friday Linux meets again, June 6th.

Nine Star will be hosting AKLUG's Friday Linux at their Muldoon Mall
computer training center.

They have a space in the mall building, south of East-40 Bowl, across
Muldoon from Fred Meyer. We also have a variety of quick food
establishments on our side of the highway. Nine Star has a back door and
adjacent parking, so hauling machines should be easy.

Jon Reynolds said to figure on 6 PM till 11 PM.
He gets to lock up, and doesn't really intend to stay till 3-AM :-))

We might need to bring some of our own extension cords, at least this
first week.

This presents AKLUG with an opportunity to show our civic mindedness.
Nine Star will runs a public service Build-Your-Own-Computer class on
Saturdays. Each student walks out of the class with a working box. There
are enough machines for the next class, but not enough for the class
after that. Do we have people with connections who could start shagging
corporate donations?

Nine Star has public recognition, tax free status, and record keeping.

We might also get asked if some of us want to show up some Saturday
afternoons to help with desktop system installs. Their class program
gives each individual the box after the (re)-assembly is complete, but
it is an "empty" box; it has no operating system or application software.

Do we know how to help them here?

They have space for our network install server.

I don't know how fat their internet connection is, so meet with us
Friday evening and help us find out.

Stanley Long
337-2303