Re: Mother boards

Subject: Re: Mother boards
From: Grant Stockly (grant@stockly.com)
Date: Mon Jun 02 2003 - 05:51:49 AKDT

We build digital X-ray systems here with the Asus P4B-533E motherboard.
Has lots of onboard stuff (ethernet, firewire, USB 2.0, etc) and has the
AGP Pro 50 slot. I guess some of the new video cards need more power or
something, so the pro-50 slot might be good for gamers.

The only bad experience I had with them was in trying to use a $50 power
supply from CompUSA. The motherboard was making about 4 beep patterns
which sounded like 2 games of Pong going on. Bios said there was an
undervoltage error, but all of the voltages were reported correclty in the
BIOS. Replacing the power supply stopped the beeping. Who knows...