Re: Mother boards

Subject: Re: Mother boards
enderak@gci.net
Date: Mon Jun 02 2003 - 11:19:02 AKDT

Try anandtech.com for some good reviews. It also helps to know before you start looking if you want a P4 or Athlon system. The P4 would probably be a bit better for gaming, but the Athlon system will be a bit cheaper for almost as good performance. Also, if your budget it tight, you'd be better off skimping from the CPU/mobo/case and instead putting the money towards a faster video card and more ram.

mwave.com is a good online site for parts and bare-bones systems. Among the cheapest on the web, and their customer service is first-class. I got my current system from them, and they were very quick and helpful in replacing my CPU after I came to find out it was defective.

If you have the choice, buying online will definately be cheaper than buying in town from CompUSA, etc. Up to 50% cheaper...

Justin