Re: SCO vs GNU/Linux

Subject: Re: SCO vs GNU/Linux
From: Dominic Bernardo (warthog@gci.net)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 00:35:07 AKDT

I have a suspicion that the Caldera/SCO/DR-DOS
lawsuit against MS awhile back may have been
a ruse (or maybe a manifestation of instability?).

Also, remember this?
http://www.sourcemagazine.com/articles/viewer.asp?a=695

I have the retail version of Caldera Open
Linux 2.4, so maybe we could look for stolen
source code or have some kind of rally and
burn it. ; )

Jan Zumwalt wrote:

It may be of interest to you to know that
the gentlemen that owns SCO (don't remember
his name) has a long checkered felony past.
In the mid 80's he was successfully sued by
some of his female workers (backed by male
employee reports) for sexual harassment.
I don't remember the specifics of the case,
but at the time I found the courts finding and
evidence to be worthy of an idiot and mental case.

Based on his past record, I would have to see
some substantial legitimate evidence before
giving any merit to his claims.

JZ