Re: Matrox G550 Dual Head - RH 9

Subject: Re: Matrox G550 Dual Head - RH 9
From: Jim Gribbin (jgribbin@alaska.net)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 23:41:08 AKDT

The X configuration program for RH 9 is 'redhat-config-xfree86'. I
haven't used the Matrox 550, but I have used the Matrox 400 and 450 with
RH 7.1 and 7.2, worked well.

It does look like you will need the 'hal' libraries from Matrox to use
the DVI interface. I've tried, unsuccessfully, to use DVI with Linux in
the past. It kind of looks like you may have to setup the DVI monitor as
the secondary until you get the 'hal' library running anyway. You may be
able to change it later.

Jim Gribbin

On Thu, 2003-05-22 at 17:53, Andy Hall wrote:
> I am trying to use a Matrox G550 dual head card with RH 9.
> So far it has not worked. I have tried the suggestions on
> the Matrox site but nothing has worked. Is anybody else
> doing this?
>
> Is there a configuration program for RH 9 for X. I do not
> know of any. I have tried "setup", this has nothing for X
> and I tried XFree86 -confure, all this does is come back and
> say it has reconfigured my mouse.
>
> Hardware:
>
> ViewSonic V900, 19" LCD - Main DVI Output
> Sylvania L17, 17" LCD - Secondary analog
>
> Thanks, Andy.

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --
-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part