RE: MTA and Friends for the domainless

Subject: RE: MTA and Friends for the domainless
From: Leif Sawyer (lsawyer@gci.com)
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 12:57:27 AKDT

> From: Fielder George Dowding
>
> So, the big problem I am having is configuring an MTA to do the SMTP
> thing with various domains out there in cyberspace and not reveal my
> local host and fake (bogus) domain in the headers. I have had
> embarrasing success with qmail. I don't want to polute cyberspace
> with bogus addresses anymore.

hmm.. it looks like in postfix, the appropriate place is:

        # main.cf
        myorigin = $mydomain

change the myorigin line to equal whatever domain you want to masquerade
as,
and things should be fine..

you'll probably have to append the other domains that you accept:

        mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, $mydomain,
        mail.$mydomain, www.$mydomain, ftp.$mydomain

of course, i'm not SME on postfix, but i think that's all you need to
change..

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s