Re: Laptop and Wireless

Subject: Re: Laptop and Wireless
From: Greg Jetter (greg@lazymountain.com)
Date: Sat May 10 2003 - 18:17:55 AKDT

On Friday May 9 2003 3:24 pm, shortpier wrote:
> I am trying to get my SMC 2362w Cardbus Pcmcia card to work in linux on
> my laptop. I have it to the point that cardmgr finds it and installs
> the Prism2_cs modules but I get a wlan0 with out a MAC address in a
> lwconfig etc. It works fine in winblows. I am not a laptop guru (they
> are nessary tools). I have looked at the howtos on the net (there is
> not much for laptops). I have installed wlan-ng and tried their module
> I have used Mandrakes defalt 3rd party prism2_cs still no luck.
>

> Any Clues?
>
> Shortpier

I assume you have edited your etc/pcmcia/ configuration files to reflect=
 the=20
proper driver , network name and encription stuff ? thake a look throug=
h =20
that directory and peek into the diffrent configuration files , they all=20
should be well commented , you may just have to uncomment a function or=
 =20
such thing.

I use an old ibm p100 lappy running rh 7.2 and use an orinico card , =
I had=20
to fiddle with settings in the config file to get every thing humming alo=
ng ,=20
you may have to as well.

check and see if the drivers loaded by checking the log messages , try=20
restarting the pcmica services and tailing the log file you could get s=
ome=20
clues that way , good luck

Greg J

Greg