Laptop and Wireless

Subject: Laptop and Wireless
From: shortpier (shortpier@shortpier.is-a-geek.com)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 15:24:36 AKDT

I am trying to get my SMC 2362w Cardbus Pcmcia card to work in linux on
my laptop. I have it to the point that cardmgr finds it and installs
the Prism2_cs modules but I get a wlan0 with out a MAC address in a
lwconfig etc. It works fine in winblows. I am not a laptop guru (they
are nessary tools). I have looked at the howtos on the net (there is
not much for laptops). I have installed wlan-ng and tried their module
I have used Mandrakes defalt 3rd party prism2_cs still no luck.

Any Clues?

Shortpier

--

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar -- -- File: signature.asc -- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part