Re: IT EXPO / Old Hardware

Subject: Re: IT EXPO / Old Hardware
From: Fielder George Dowding (fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 09:41:27 AKDT

Thank you Bill and the efforts of Cunning Stunt Computers. I dropped
off an old 386 mother board and received a warm as well as a
briefing by your partner whose name I can't remember. I am not yet
familiar with your other two business entities, but I am impressed
by an organization that puts its money where its mouth is (old
saying from South Chicago).

Like it or not, the Alaska Linux Users Group, dba AKLUG, is
operational as a not-for-profit. I recommend a list be set up to
handle the organizational traffic to keep the noise off this list. I
am willing to help, but I am not interested is wasting my time. I
have plenty of other volunteer opportunities.

A point here for Greg: AKLUG does not have to have a letter from the
IRS certifying 501(c)(3) status to receive donations. Business
entities just expense the donation as advertising as Bill states,
"will have to [have] a sponsored by section listing our companies".
It is past time to get a business licence and a business checking
account. The first thing to get is the Federal Taxpayers
Identification number. I will be glad to do this, but I don't have
time to waste going off on my own.

fgd. kl7fhx

On Thu, 08 May 2003 08:27:49 -0800
"William F. Fulton" <fulton@gci.net> wrote:

> First with the IT Expo The three companies I represent will each
> donate$100.00 to the cause that's half of what we need in return
> the booth will have to a sponsored by section listing our
> companies and I need to know who to give the money to. If you guys
> can't raise the other $300.00 you would have to give our donation
> back.
>

> As for old hardware we now have contracts to recycle computers for
> the school district and the city of anchorage is coming on board
> next week so we pretty much have an endless supply of old hardware
> I have contacted the list a few times and asked what we should be
> saving with no response from anyone. This hardware is not free but
> can usually be taken for 5 to 10 bucks or a six pack of beer that
> covers our transportation and disassembly cost. So if there's
> anything out there that you need please contact us or we'll just
> turn it all into tiles and park benches.
>

> As for the recycled products we currently have available: hard
> drive floor tile, heat sink letter holders, RAM fishing lures, and
> circuit board wall and ceiling tiles if you would like further
> information on any of this please come into the shop and say hi
> (Cunning Stunt Computers 6130 Old Seward Hwy, 770-0768).
>

> Well that's all for now
>

> Bill
>

> William F. Fulton
>
> A+, N+, L+, S+, CTT, ITPM, EPM
>
> IT Project Manager
>
> Northern Lights Automation
>
> Lead Technician
>
> Cunning Stunt Computers
>
> Managing Partner
>
> Alaska Computer Recycling

Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska
Since 1976 - Over 25 Years of Service.