Re: IT Expo

Subject: Re: IT Expo
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 09:21:36 AKDT

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 23:49, Matthew Schumacher wrote:

> Dates?
>
> Greg Madden wrote:
> > I had a talk with an IT Expo rep today. Sourdough Productions puts on
> > the event. They will offer space in the foyer, as before, for no cost to
> > AKLUG. We can get a booth inside for a fee. The fee is $745 with a 20%
> > discount for non-profits, about $600 for us, we qualify. I would like to
> > try to raise the $600. We will not be an IRS non-profit in time to ask
> > for tax deductible donations so we would need to be creative. All ideas
> > or contributions or comments welcome.
> >
> > One thing IT Expo would like is for AKLUG to do a presentation or two. I
> > know this has be done in the past and here is an opportunity for
> > interested AKLUGer's to wow the Expo with some Linux magic. Contact me
> > if you want to present.

That would be helpful. IT Expo is October 14-15. This is a Tuesday &
Wednesday event.
http://www.sourdough.net/events/itbe/index.html

While it is months away the show scheduling fills up by the end of June
for booths, not sure if the same applies to committing to a
presentation.

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.