Re: Problems with qmail...

Subject: Re: Problems with qmail...
From: David J. Weller-Fahy (lists@weller-fahy.com)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 06:15:38 AKDT

* Jon Reynolds <jonr@destar.net> [2003-04-29 14:26]:
> qmail does require a fully functioning dns server to work and you must
> have a fqdn to use it. If you have a fqdn in dns at your upstream that
> would work, otherwise you will need to set one up.

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to do (set up internal DNS that doesn't
talk to the outside world). Unfortunately, there are two things that I
can't get to work. 'dnsname' returns blank (no matter which ip I put
in), and dnsfq returnd hard error whenever any parameter is used.

<scratching head>

I even reduced the complexity of the 'data' file for tinydns to test it:

.weller-fahy.com:127.0.0.2:a
.1.168.192.in-addr.arpa:127.0.0.2:a
@weller-fahy.com:192.168.1.3
=eeyore.weller-fahy.com:192.168.1.3

That's it. From all the reading that I've been doing, it should work,
but it doesn't.

Grrr...

Regards,

--
David J. Weller-Fahy        | 'These are the questions that kept me out
largely at innocent dot com |  of the really *good* schools.'