Re: Why I love linux

Subject: Re: Why I love linux
From: James Zuelow (e5z8652@zuelow.net)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 12:45:13 AKDT

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Adam Elkins wrote:

> Do you have HotPulggiing enabled? Thats nice too...
>
> Adam

Yes, I can hotplug USB & 1394 devices. The problem I was having was in the
USB mass storage modules. If you enable all of the supplemental ones, they
seem to conflict. Then none of them work. So I had to back off and just
include the SDR-55 support that I needed. It will be interesting to see
what happens if I end up with another USB Smart Media or CF card reader
that needs supplemental support.

My 1394 camera is detected when I plug it in, and the kernel seems to deal
with it just fine. The userland video editing software for Debian seems a
little rough around the edges though.

Cheers,

James