Why I love linux

Subject: Why I love linux
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 20:32:04 AKDT

I got a new digital camera today. (Olypmus Stylus 300) I was a tad
concerned about it because it uses some new "xD" card instead of
something I'm used to like CompactFlash, so I wasn't sure it would work
with Linux, but I figured my fiancee has an iMac, so the worst that
would happen is I'd have to use that instead to download.

Anyway, I also got a PCMCIA adapter so I can download to my laptop on
trips. Just plugged it in, got some encouraging messages on my screen,
and then it just took about 10 seconds to figure out it set it as
/dev/hde and then mount it. Easy as cake.

Now, hopefully the usb cable directly to the camera be just as easy for
when I set it up on my desktop.

Just thought I'd share :)
Justin