Re: RRDtool

Subject: Re: RRDtool
From: Damien Hull (dhull@digitaloverload.net)
Date: Thu Apr 17 2003 - 12:16:05 AKDT

I was just playing around with snmp and MRTG the other day. I'm trying
to monitor my UMLs. The two things I really need to monitor are network
traffic and CPU usage.

I've been having trouble getting things working. I've got the network
traffic stuff working with MRTG.

Should I be using RRDtool? Don't know anything about it.

Have you guys checked out cricket? I've got it installed but I haven't
done anything with it. It's kind of like MRTG but better. That's what
I've been told anyway.

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 20:27, deem@wdm.com wrote:

> We run a mix of MRTG, RRDtool and both in Cacti. These monitor our DNS, email and
> web services.
>
> Dee
>
> On 16 Apr 2003 at 19:58, Dan Wolf wrote:
>

> > I run MRTG as a network traffic monitoring tool. I have been interested
> > in using RRD but I am not familiar with what all I could do with the
> > newer RRD. What are you currently using it for?
> >
> > ---------

Damien Hull
Network Administrator
www.digitaloverload.net