Re: Gci Dial up

Subject: Re: Gci Dial up
From: shortpier (shortpier@shortpier.is-a-geek.com)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 07:13:43 AKDT

I found out that gci uses CHAP. and no minicom wasn't on there <I know
Modem keep minicom around Used to use it a lot DOH!) Its a mandrake
9.0 box. It dials up just fine I Just need to enable chap in the
settings for the dialup. (useing external modem as the box came with a
winmodem) I just have not used a dialup for YEARS... /me wants a t3 to
the house.....

Thanks Jim I will use the chap seetings on the box when I get back over
there right know he is useing zone-alarm and XP till I get there. He
just lost the vpn connection to my LAN and Laser printer and the 5 cdrom
drives I keep online here.

Shortpier