Re: dial-up in Mandrake9.1

Subject: Re: dial-up in Mandrake9.1
From: Jim Gribbin (jewelrysupplier@gci.net)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 13:15:39 AKDT

You might want to try using 'minicom' first and make sure you're modem
is where you think it is and that you're at the proper baud rate.
minicom should be included with your distro, but you may have to use it
as root the first you run it to get it set up. You may also need to set
permissions on /dev/ttySx (and /dev/modem) to allow users to access it.

dmesg | grep tty # will show you what serial ports are on your box
setserial -G /dev/ttySx # will show you how the serial port is set up

Jim Gribbin