Re: gnumeric and macros?

Subject: Re: gnumeric and macros?
From: Arthur Corliss (arthur@corlissfamily.org)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 09:41:58 AKST

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, William Bouterse wrote:

> Has anyone seriously used Gnumeric ?

I use it extensively, but *how* I use it is perhaps not that impressive. ;-)

> It appears to be a very impressive Spreed Sheet app.
> with some things even excell does not have however;
> showing it to a db admin person recently I was asked...
> "Where's the Macros?"
>
> Being relatively cluless with regards to spread sheets
> and macros, other than theory I could not quickly answer?
>
> Is there the equivalent tool with Gnumeric ?

I don't know of any macro support in Gnumeric, nor is there any mention of
such in the manual. You can do some automation with it externally via CORBA,
but beyond that, I know of no user-friendly interface.

What's strange is that at one time there used to be some support for that, but
it looks like it was removed from the CVS tree well over a year ago. I would
have to think they probably removed it since it only worked with the older
versions of Excel, and was only partially implemented at that.

        --Arthur Corliss