RE: busy system with Mandrake/KDE

Subject: RE: busy system with Mandrake/KDE
From: Piet van Weel (cryonv@onlinemac.com)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 06:14:26 AKST

Hey Bryan...

Ok... 300 MHz isn't so bad... Hmmm the 32 Megs though is very
limiting...
What do you have your swap space set as? Any chance you could go though
and increase the memory in this machine? (Comp-USA should have some)

When you do the system monitoring is that with KDE running? I imagine
that you're running into the bottom of the barrel, with regards to
memory. If you're running system monitoring tools, they're probably
sucking up the last remaining memory.. and you're getting system
feedback... Of course if you've got a decent swap setup then this
paragraph isn't valid.

Piet
cryonv@onlinemac.com