Re: nfs woes

Subject: Re: nfs woes
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 09:09:25 AKST

> Do a 'rpcinfo -p' on the laptop and make sure you're running everything you
> need to be running. I assume you're using NFS3 on both boxes?

Yes, it looks like everything is running. I attached the output of my
desktop at the end of this message. It looks like both NFS2 and NFS3
are running.

My laptop's at home and shut down, so I don't ahve access to list
exactly what is running on it, but iirc both the laptop and the desktop
have the same stuff running. portmapper and nfs are on the same ports,
but all the others are on different ports. I believe this is normal,
though..?

Also, 'lsmod' shows that the nfs module is loaded on both machines as
well...

Trying to mount either using my fstab or manually shows on the server in
/var/log/messages that the laptop was authenticated like you would
expect, but the laptop still times out. The timeout is fairly long (5
seconds or so) and I'm on a 100mbit network, so I don't think that would
be the problem..

P.S. The how-to I'm using is here: http://nfs.sourceforge.net/nfs-howto/

Justin

----------