Re: 64 bit SPARC CPU +3 Distros +hardrive Dies =HELL

Subject: Re: 64 bit SPARC CPU +3 Distros +hardrive Dies =HELL
From: shortpier (shortpier@shortpier.is-a-geek.com)
Date: Sun Feb 23 2003 - 14:36:14 AKST

On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 08:17, Arthur Corliss wrote:

    On Sat, 22 Feb 2003, Tom wrote:
   =20
> > can I replace the 4.3 gig Seagate with another drive? Could not fin=
> > anything on suns site. and a clue in how to go into the openboot an=
> > setup a new HD? I know I need the sundisk lable.
   =20
    I don't know if this will work on IDE, but I do this when necessary on =
SCSI
    drives. First, if you don't have a working system, just boot of the
    installation CD-ROM, but with the -s option so it'll go into single use=
r mode.
    Then just run the format command and choose the applicable options.
   =20
            --Arthur Corliss
   =20
   =20

Nope, have done this but the bad part of the Hardrive is getting
worse.. Its going to choke in a day or two.

Shortpier

10 mins, Bill Gates, and a baseball bat. Is this to much to ask God?

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --
-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part