Re: Gnome is taking over the world

Subject: Re: Gnome is taking over the world
From: Matthew Schumacher (schu@schu.net)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 11:54:47 AKST

While gnome is a good desktop (as is kde) it still amazes me how much
memory they consume. Neither is anywhere near as efficient as the newer
windows explorer from a memory usage perspective.

I would love to use gnome or kde, but until the memory requirement comes
down I'll stick with windowmaker.

And yes, I have 512MB in my laptop and that should be plenty!

schu