Gnome is taking over the world

Subject: Gnome is taking over the world
From: Arthur Corliss (arthur@corlissfamily.org)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 10:47:42 AKST

Greetings:

I know Sun made a commitment to GNOME, and that HP said that it would as well
(I have HP-UX 11i on my desk, by my C160 is still running 10.20). I was
amazed, however, to see even IBM jumping on the bandwagon. CDE is still the
default desktop for AIX 5L, but you can select both GNOME and KDE during
installation! I have to say, I wasn't expecting that. My Power4s never
looked so pretty. ;-)

So, it's only a matter of time before CDE dies a quiet death and the open
source desktop environments take over. :-)

        --Arthur Corliss