Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Star vs. Open office

Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Star vs. Open office
From: Jim Gribbin (jgribbin@alaska.net)
Date: Tue Feb 11 2003 - 22:21:37 AKST

Sun released the source for SO 5.2 which was used to make OpenOffice,
and now Star Office 6 is based on OpenOffice. See OpenOffice's 'about'
page.

I'm not sure you could say Star Office is actually open source, but it
is a decent example of how a commercial product can be based on Open
Source.

Jim Gribbin