Re: some new email virus?

Subject: Re: some new email virus?
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 09:47:51 AKST

On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 21:58, bryan@ak.net wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 09:51:18PM -0900, Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net> wrote:
> >
> > I have been looking at the new KDE 3.1 stuff and I just noticed that
> > Kmail now has a new filter mechanism. It now allows you to manage/create
> > filters on your ISP's server. I haven't tried it out yet, I filter
> > during download, but it looks promising for managing spam at the server
> > level.
> >

> How do you filter it, Greg?
>
> I've realised that I need to start filtering, but I'm not sure whether
> I should use procmail, qmail, or something else to filter in my
> particular situation.
>
> --
> Bryan Medsker
> bryan@ak.net

I don't run a mail server or any app to grab mail from my ISP., I use
Evolution & Kmail to get mail from my ISP. The new filter in Kmail is
located in the Menu bar>Settings>'Configure Pop filter'.

There are quite a few choices for dealing with email so it depends on
how you want to go about it as to what programs to run. Let me see if I
can get this somewhat correct. You can use programs to: fetch mail from
your ISP then have a local delivery system, you can have your own IP
address and receive all mail directly from the senders, or use an app
like Kmail to get mail from your ISP. Whichever way you go would
determine where & how to filter.

Dee McKinney is doing a Qmail demo at the Friday Night meeting, thats
tonight for the date/time challenged :)

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.