Re: question about wireless distance

Subject: Re: question about wireless distance
From: Jim Gribbin (jewelrysupplier@gci.net)
Date: Mon Feb 03 2003 - 19:05:50 AKST

A lot of variables there, but most of the stuff I've seen is listed in
the 100 to 300ft range. There was a couple of articles on Slashdot
recently about a 72 mi link using directional antennas, no power
boosters. In fact after the FCC found out about it, they had to reduce
power to stay legal.

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/12/21/1943207&mode=thread

Jim Gribbin