Re: PHP Problem

Subject: Re: PHP Problem
From: Brian ThunderEagle (furbs@mail.swjedi.net)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 21:37:38 AKST

     I got it to work by using sudo. However any tips on the security issues
would be appreciated. Apache uses the 'nobody' account, so I had to give that
account access to the scripts. Currently its set to ALL scripts, but that will
change soon, as I can just guess that its a very bad idea. The main problem was
that after I got the access working, it still wouldn't work properly. It would
only finish 2 of the 7 scripts. I realized very quickly though when the script
that adds a virtual host was executed it was also reloading HTTPD, shich of
course killed the php connection and the process running the scripts. So I
replaced the "service httpd reload" with a "service httpd graceful" and it
seems everything works fine.

     Brian ThunderEagle
      - http://www.swjedi.net
      - furbs@swjedi.net