Re: PHP Problem

Subject: Re: PHP Problem
From: Joshua J.Kugler (isd@as.uaf.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 10:43:41 AKST

This is an excerpt from our httpd.conf

<VirtualHost asuaf.org:80>
        ServerName asuaf.org
        ServerAlias www.asuaf.org
        ServerAlias www.as.uaf.edu
        DocumentRoot /home/asuaf/htdocs
        User asuaf
        Group asuaf

</VirtualHost>

The user/group directives tell apache what use and group to look for and run
for the virtual host. The scripts must be owned by the user and (I assume)
the group. The scripts cannot be world writeable or executable, and if you
are storing passwords in the scripts, they shouldn't be world readable either.

I hope that helps a little.

--
Joshua Kugler, Information Services Director
Associated Students of the University of Alaska Fairbanks