Re: console colors

Subject: Re: console colors
From: Anthony Valentine (amv@akvalentine.com)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 16:29:14 AKST

I think that you only get color when you specify --color to ls. If you
get color without specifying --color, then ls is probably aliased to 'ls
--color' in one of your startup scripts (/etc/profile, /etc/bashrc,
etc).

Try typing 'unalias ls' and see if you still get color.

If not, find the alias in your startup file and remove it, then unalias
it in any active terminals, and you should be good to go.

If yes, then I don't know what to try next.

FYI, the colors used are controlled by the /etc/DIR_COLORS file.

Anthony

Anthony Valentine <amv@akvalentine.com>