Re: DSL PPOE With MTA Dsl

Subject: Re: DSL PPOE With MTA Dsl
From: Jim Courtney (courtney@ieee.org)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 10:50:33 AKST

There actually is a gui for roaring penguin at
http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/ , but I've never tried it.

One thing I like about roaring penguin is the ability to do:

pppoe -A

which returns:

Access-Concentrator: 13061069921911-REDBACK1
AC-Ethernet-Address: 00:10:67:00:97:c7

This tells you Layer-2 is working at least as far as the C.O.

Here's a webmin module for roaring penguin:

http://12.17.141.89/rp-pppoe-0.73.wbm

I wrote it about a year ago to manage multiple simultaneous connections, so it
may be more trouble that it's worth for most people. Use at your own risk...
It was my first and only Perl project.