Re: New Linux user

Subject: Re: New Linux user
From: Adam Elkins (i-robot@gci.net)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 17:22:23 AKST

Well Wes, your first step is going to be doing a bit of research. Do a google
search on the wifi card you have and RH, try <card> + RH
Chances are you'll get some helpfuk results. If you still can't get it, write
back, telling us you have tried....
The first thing you need to do it su to root, if your not logged in as root.
From the console, type su you'll be promted for your password.
Once root ( # ) is obtained, do an lsmod which will show you what modules
are currently loaded. Your looking for "pcmcia_core". If it's not there,
type;
modprobe pcmcia_core

(make sure your card is in the slot)
Now, read some this link.