RE: Linux class at the University

Subject: RE: Linux class at the University
From: Bryan Hickok (bhickok@alaskapacific.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 09:54:43 AKST

so this will be a beginners class?????

how much will it cost?

Bryan

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Barsalou [mailto:mbarsalou@aidea.org]
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 2:17 PM
To: 'aklug@aklug.org'
Subject: Linux class at the University

The university has agreed to let me teach a class in March on Linux. =
They
are creating flyers for this class so keep your eyes open! It will be a =
1
credit class that will be taught on three Saturdays in March (1st, 8th =
and
15th) from 9a to 4pm. This will be a hands on class (although it is
possible some people will have to share a computer)

The outline of the course will look something similar to this:

Day 1
Linux background
Open Source
Partitioning Concepts
Linux installation and dual booting

Day 2
Common commands
Using the GUI
Checking error logs
RPM facility

Day 3
Rights
Using Samba
Configuring Samba in an existing domain
Basic DNS

Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

Mike Barsalou