Re: Dammaged DVD Disc

Subject: Re: Dammaged DVD Disc
jonr@destar.net
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 10:36:40 AKST

        Maybe OT but it does bring up a gripe that I have with CD/DVD's. I
wouldn't store ANY critical data on these things. When are they going to
come up with a CD/DVD media that can stand a little abuse? This is the
biggest scam since pyramid schemes!

        How many times has someone gone to a video store rented a DVD and not
been able to view it? How much data has someone else lost on a CD
because they bought a case to store the CD's in and when they slid the
CD in and out of the sleeve it slowly scratched it to unusable?
AAAAHHHGGGGG!!!!

        If thats not enough they are now making DVD's that destroy themselves
when they come into contact with air by slowly disentegrating within 8
hours!! Oh yes, I'll buy 3 of 'em at 10 bucks a pop, do you bring the
grease or do I need to supply it after I bend over?

        Good luck Grant, I hope you can replace that one DVD, I hope that you
have proof that you bought it or the motion picture pimps will sue you
into prison, I hope that you don't have to rebuy the boxed set for one
DVD. What a scam.

Jon