Re: usb 1.1 vs 2.0

Subject: Re: usb 1.1 vs 2.0
From: Michael Gillson (Michael_Gillson@chugachelectric.com)
Date: Tue Jan 07 2003 - 14:40:14 AKST

Per a review in PC Magazine on-line. If you want the url, I can send
it.

>>> Jim Gribbin <jewelrysupplier@gci.net> 01/07/03 02:39PM >>>
Advertised, or actually working at those speeds?

The numbers I talked about are from the documentation on the USB 2.0
drivers supplied with the 2.4.x kernel.

I haven't gotten the scanner to work with the 1394 interface yet, so
I'm not sure about performance there.

While we're on the subject, has anyone seen any port speed monitors?
Maybe a plugin for gkrellm?

Jim Gribbin

On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 10:57, Michael Gillson wrote:
> I am not sure I understand your numbers.
> I have seen FireWire at 400Mb/s and USB 2 at 480Mb/s

> On 06 Jan 2003 19:09:49 -0900
> "Greg Madden" <pabi@gci.net> wrote:
>

> > On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 17:22, James Zuelow wrote:
> > >
> > > On 05 Jan 2003 14:46:02 -0900
> > > "Jim Gribbin" <jgribbin@alaska.net> wrote:
> > >

> > I think you made the case for connection speed does affect
scanning
> > speed :) A 8x10 photo scanned at 600dpi is about 82mb. A scanner
> > that sends this data to the computer on the fly will take the
> > connection speed divided by throughput to get time.I do think it
may
> > depend on the scanner. In the case of a page of text it shouldn't
> > take three minutes unless the scanner scan mechanism takes three
> > minutes, most don't take three minutes to scan.
> > --
>
> I did a little google work and couldn't find a handy link for an
Epson