Re: usb 1.1 vs 2.0

Subject: Re: usb 1.1 vs 2.0
From: James Zuelow (e5z8652@zuelow.net)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 17:22:44 AKST

On 05 Jan 2003 14:46:02 -0900
"Jim Gribbin" <jgribbin@alaska.net> wrote:

> Deciding this wasn't particularly acceptable, I picked up a SIIG usb
> 2.0/1394 combo card. My slides still take ~3 min per.

The time it takes my SCSI film scanner to complete a scan is directly
proportional to the resolution I am scanning at. A 600dpi scan takes
less than a minute, a 2700dpi scan takes more than three minutes. The
scan mechanism moves proportionally slower as well. The scan is what
takes longer, not transferring the image to my computer.

I would bet that your connection speed has little if any effect on
the overall speed - especially if the scanner is spooling data to your
PC instead of gathering the whole image and then sending it all at
once.

Cheers,

James