Re: no spell check in Evolution

Subject: Re: no spell check in Evolution
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Sat Dec 21 2002 - 23:14:22 AKST

On Sat, 2002-12-21 at 20:13, Damien Hull wrote:
> For some reason I don't have spell check in Evolution. I'm using debian
> and I installed Evolution using apt-get.
>
> Does anyone know how to put spell check back?

You didn't mention what version of
Debian but I checked my woody install & found I didn't have spell
checking either.

The packages you need are:

aspell
gnome-spell (replaces pspell)
ispell

You also need dictionaries:
aspell-en
iamerican

I thought I had all these installed but no spell checking in Evolution
1.0.5. I think Evolution 1.0.,8 or 9 fixes this but this version has
been replaced in unstable by 1.2. I upgraded to Evolution 1.2 + depends
and this has spell checking working here.

--
Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net>
Precision Air Balance, Inc.