New to linux. Can you....

Subject: New to linux. Can you....
From: c m (deneb2000@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 18 2002 - 22:01:09 AKST

1) run most games with the same or slightly more bugs then windows XP
2) Run your own email server(no more hotmail)
3) run basic office programs (able to handle things like word and excell(or
equivlents))

Anyway.. I curently have a friend that is running a version of linux and has
had non stop trouble with it... is this the norm or the rareity.. I know
that linux has a reputation for stability but that will do me no good if all
the programs are all bugged to bit.. also it does me no good if my work is
not transferable to others...

Deneb