Slackware website...

Subject: Slackware website...
From: i_robot (i-robot@gci.net)
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 05:13:22 AKST

Well, I found out why I couldn't get on the slack site...

"Due to a series of DDoS attacks which began on Dec 11 and continued until yesterday afternoon, it has been difficult or impossible to reach our website for nearly a week. We're glad that it seems to have stopped, but have no idea who is behind the attacks, why they're doing it, or if they will start again. We apologize for the downtime. An investigation into the source of the attacks is ongoing, and we ask that anyone with any useful information please contact the Slackware Security team at security@slackware.com. Thanks for your patience. "

I suspect the M$polzi.

Adam