Threating letter from Phillips electronics

Subject: Threating letter from Phillips electronics
From: Greg Jetter (greg@lazymountain.com)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 18:32:37 AKST

Hey , just thought I would ask and see if any other IT companies received
a letter from Phillips like I did today , in their letter they threating to
go after my company if I use any CD-R or DVD media that has not paid them a
royalty payment. They go on to list 19 company's that pay them , I'm
supposed to nark out any one who dares to sell my company any amount of
CD's be they blank or pre recorded unless I know for sure they have paid
Phillips their royalty payment...

I don't know about you but it kind of pisses me off getting threating mail
form some dumb ass off shore company , it was bad enough when Microsoft sent
me their nasty gram last year threatening to cut of my jewels if I didn't
bring my licensing current before such and such a date...

Whats wrong with these multi billion dollar companies , are we all just
open wallets for them to harvest when ever they get the notion ?

Greg