Re: vcard to csv perl project

Subject: Re: vcard to csv perl project
From: Fielder George Dowding (fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net)
Date: Fri Dec 13 2002 - 12:25:00 AKST

Greetings Mike, I like to do these little perl things. I am no
expert by any means. I am going outside for Christmas, so I won't be
able to do anything until next year. fgd.

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 06:42:54 -0900
Mike Barsalou <mbarsalou@aidea.org> wrote:

> Anyone care to take on the need for a vcard to csv converter
> project and writing it in perl? If I knew perl a lot better I
> would be able to knock it out myself...but I am stuck when it
> comes to parsing the individual fields. I can read the file and
> find the beginning and end of the card, but am having difficulty
> in figuring out how to get each item and output it to a file. I
> think the logic is something like this:
>
> - Read the entire vcard file to identify all the possible output
> fields (set up an array using hashes?)
> - Read the file again, card by card and placing data in the array
> when data exists in the file
> - print out the record
> - Do this over and over until all the cards have been processed.
>
> I am open to any ideas out there.
>
> Mike

Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska
Since 1976 - Over 25 Years of Service.