Re: Forget Codeweavers

Subject: Re: Forget Codeweavers
From: Shortpier (shortpier@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 16:20:02 AKST

Mplayer is very nice and compiles on all linux arch (win32 codecs have probs
on non x86 arch .

You can also use Xine (win the win32 codecs from mplayer) If you compile in
win32 support in xine.

I sue em both Plus i also use VLC (videolan client and server) The video
lan can multicast a video file or a dvd over a lan (for full performace dont
even think about this without a full duplex switched 100mbts lan as vls
coverts all media to a mpeg2 ts for broadcasting.) Nice thing is that to
play a dvd over my lan it takes 3% of 1 p3 500 on my dual p3 box.

Shortpier

10 mins, Bill Gates, and a Baseball Bat.... Is this to much to ask God?