Re: Sendmail query...

Subject: Re: Sendmail query...
From: Arthur Corliss (arthur@corlissfamily.org)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 09:44:10 AKST

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, David J. Weller-Fahy wrote:

> If I send mail to any of the domains listed above, they get sent to the
> forwarding service that I use for all three, and eventually make their
> way back to the email address that all three forward to. This is not
> right, as they SHOULD be delivered locally. If I try to send mail to
> any other address, sendmail attempts to *deliver* the email to the same
> forwarding service which, of course, doesn't forward that address. So,
> it's obvious to me that I don't understand enough about what I'm doing,
> and I'm asking for:

I'm not sure we have all the information we need to fix this, but let's start
with this: in my configuration local delivery only takes place if a) the
recipient address is unqualified, b) the recipient address is qualified, but
qualified to the *host* address, not just the domain, or c) the local sendmail
daemon has the recipient domain listed as an domain it accepts mail for
(typically via sendmail.cw).

That said, do you have a line like:

   FEATURE(use_cw_file, `/etc/mail/sendmail.cw')dnl

in the mc file you used to generate your sendmail.cf? If so, did you list
your domain in sendmail.cw? Are you overriding local mail delivery with any
of the smart host relaying features?

        --Arthur Corliss