Re: A question for the Perl programmers on the list

Subject: Re: A question for the Perl programmers on the list
From: Arthur Corliss (arthur@corlissfamily.org)
Date: Sun Dec 08 2002 - 12:19:52 AKST

On Sun, 8 Dec 2002, Greg Jetter wrote:

> good idea i'll give it a try , the problem im considering is a method to
> encrypt that will work on both windows wervers as well as unix so as to The
> main problem i was considering was being able to let the administrator edit
> passwords adf to make my final web project runnable on any platform.

I would have to check, but I would be surprised if the standard crypt()
function isn't available (certainly with Cygwin's Perl, if not ActiveState).
You might check the Crypt::* family of modules on ActiveState's site for ppms.
UNIX, obviously, it not what you need to be concerned about for support, since
it usually shows up there first.

        --Arthur Corliss