Re: help configuring sendmail...

Subject: Re: help configuring sendmail...
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 10:19:13 AKST

My setup is very similar to yours. RedHat 8.0 with sendmail at
192.168.0.2, and I have a smoothwall box inbetween that and my cable modem.

In my /etc/mail/relay-domains I have two entries:
-----
enderak.com
192.168
-----

enderak.com is my registered domain name which is set up with GCI's DNS
to point to my static ip, and 192.168 is my private network ip series -
I use 192.168.1.* on my green network and 192.168.0.* on my orange network

Then in /etc/mail/local-host-names I have:
-----
enderak.com
www
192.168.0.2
-----

Where enderak.com is my domain, 192.168.0.2 is my server's ip, and www
is my server's hostname.

In /etc/mail/access I only allow relaying from localhost
-----
localhost.localdomain RELAY
localhost RELAY
127.0.0.1 RELAY
-----

Finally, in trusted-users I have the username of all users that send and
receive mail. I'm not sure if this is neccessary though.

Try taking a look at those files, and if you still have problems, we
will try some other stuff. If I had to guess, I would say that you
probably just need to put '192.168' into your relay-domains file.

Hope that helps, but I am by no means a sendmail expert. Last time I
had to set up sendmail, I spent quite a few hours fumbling around with
settings to get it to work right, so I know how it feels. :)

Justin