I'm wandering here.

Subject: I'm wandering here.
From: Mark-Nathaniel Weisman (mark@outlander.us)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 22:59:42 AKST

Hey all,
  Is anyone got some time to explain to me the concept of using
mod_proxy with mod_rewrite to proxy incoming HTTP requests to another
internal server? (enough acronyms for ya?). I really need to get this
silly thing working, and I'm slowly loosing my mind.
  I have all traffic entering my network through a firewall/router using
NATD/IPFW. All http traffic is directed (internally) to the main
webserver (we'll say at 192.168.0.2). I've recently added IIS to my
internal Exchange server so it too can serve web pages, and we'll say
that is resides at (we'll say 192.168.0.3). My main webserver uses
NameVirtualHosts to serve all 12 domains from a singular IP address. I
want to redirect the traffic (internally) for a singular domain name
(we'll say www.mystic1.net) over to the new webserver at 192.168.0.3.
Here is what the current Apache VirtualHost directive looks like:
<VirtualHost 192.168.0.2:80>
        ServerAdmin dopey@mystic1.net
        ServerName www.mystic1.net
        ErrorLog /usr/local/www/data/mystic1/error_log
        CustomLog /usr/local/www/data/mystic1/access_log common
        ProxyPass / http://192.168.0.3/
        ProxyPassReverse / http://192.168.0.3/
</VirtualHost>

I can't figure this one out, any help please. The name will not resolve.
The IP Address will. I'm lost.....help (blurb..blurb...blurb)

His faithful servant,
Mark-Nathaniel Weisman
President/CEO
Infinite Visions Educational Systems Inc.
Anchorage, Alaska
http://www.ivedsys.com
weismanm@ivedsys.com
=20