Re: debian install

Subject: Re: debian install
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 08:32:27 AKST

On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 00:26, James Gribbin wrote:

> I just put Debian 3.0 on a laptop and after doing the basic install and
> re-booting I get a post-install configuration script called "Choose your
> current network-evironment !" that that doesn't seem to be explained in
> the Debian Installation Manual or anyplace else that I have been able to
> find.
>
> I am able to answer the questions it's asking up to "Enter the current
> Profile's value:". Can anybody tell me what it's asking for? I can't
> find anything about it.
>
> --
> James Gribbin <jgribbin@alaska.net>

The only reference I have found is it is part of the laptop install.
There is some configuration that assumes? that the laptop will be moved
from location to location and this is part of a multi-network config.

I have never sen this on my laptops installs, but someone at Friday ight
has this on a Debian installed laptop.

BTW, google can actually find the message verbatim :)

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.