Re: Club needing new server

Subject: Re: Club needing new server
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 14:30:53 AKST

On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 12:40, Jim Gribbin wrote:

> Tom Hogland posting that he has a server he's looking at getting rid
> brought up the issue at the Monthly AKLUG meeting last night that the
> club needs a new server. Seems that the current one is a P166 AT with
> the power supply duct taped in.
>
> Whether we get Tom's or another, we need a new(er) one and it will
> probably cost a few bucks. I'm willing to start the ball rolling with
> $100.00. Anybody else willing to pony up a little scratch?
>
> --
> Jim Gribbin <jewelrysupplier@gci.net>
> Anchorage Jewelry Supply

I will donate. A new 'club' server would have to mirror more than Red
Hat :)

I do have a box that has a ASUS P2B, dual proc, dual channel scsi. It
currently has two PIII600's, 512 mb ram. Nice box but the hard drives
may not be what is needed. It has two scsi Seagate 9.1gb Baracuda's
(SE) and one ATA 100gb WD, the one with 8mb cache. The case is an Antec
mid tower with several cooling fans, one for the hd cage. This can be
had for cheap if it would work.

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.